Warning: Illegal string offset 'error' in /home/clients/e5ad3babedac18903cf0f5fe21a28c2a/food/wp-content/themes/Jade/inc/template_single/post_preview.php on line 55
The following are 8 Fun Facts About Insects that we have collected for you in a lovely slide deck.
Did you know that insects are an excellent source of high quality protein? They are! There are probably a lot of things that you didn’t know about insects and how they are paving the way for a more sustainable food-source in our future.
Let us know if you have any to add!
8 Crunchy Facts About Insects – You Probably Didn’t Know
- You need 22,000 Liters to produce 1 kilo of beef, and 1 Liter to produce 1 kilo of crickets
- 2 Billion people regularly eat insects
- We already eat insects. There are small parts in many foods. You eat 450-900 grams per year of insects.
- In ancient Greece, cicadas were a luxury snack
- Insects are an excellent source of high quality protein (up to 80%)
- Mealworm tastes like roasted nuts, Locusts taste like shrimp
- There are 1900 types of edible insects on Earth
- In Uganda crickets are considered a delicacy